NIT GSM has established transparent and robust procedures for the utilization and maintenance of all physical, academic and support facilities and is well communicated among all the concerned stakeholders. The detailed procedures and related policies are as follows: Policy Statement: NIT GSM has numerous resources that are utilized for the benefit of faculty, students and staff. The policy at the institution calls for efficient and maximum utilization of all its resources. Resource in charges is responsible to ensure that 1. Resources are ready and made available whenever required 2. Resources are repaired, calibrated, maintained and upgraded at optimal levels 3. Resource utilization is tracked and records maintained 4. The availability of the resource is made Known to NIT GSM and campus community 5. Notify the Director in case a resource is underutilized or not utilized below is a no comprehensive list of all the major resources of the institute: Utilization of Resources:
1. Availability of resource is verified with the concerned In Charge.
2. Permission for the utilization is taken from the respective authorities.
3. It is communicated in written to the In Charge so as to make the resource available.
4. It becomes duty of the person who has generated the query to take care of the belongings. Procedure for Repairs and Maintenance of Resources:
5. Every In Charge regularly checks the resource available in their custody and verifies its working condition.
6. Accordingly report of nonworking material is communicated to the Director.
7. Director complies all the complaints and segregates them in urgent and annual maintenance categories.
8. The follow up of the urgent maintenance equipment or resources is taken immediately after the approval of the Director.
9. The annual maintenance resources are forwarded at the end of every academic year after thorough inspection of the equipment.
10.Also, depending upon the cost of equipment and its maintenance requirement the quotations are invited and the detailed procedure is followed through purchase committee.
11.After the maintenance of particular resource it is informed and satisfactory remark is taken from the concerned In Charge. After getting the remark from all the concerned the authority approves the bill for payment and accordingly payment is released. List of the in charges is provided in detail on website in the following link